Things Heard: e71v1
Monday, June 8th, 2009 at 9:37 am
- Mr Tiller, a Lutheran, had been excommunicated by the LCMS and was attending an ELCA church. So … how may articles about him attempted to explain the different Lutheran denominations? Is that relevant as a background to the story?
- More on Mr Tiller’s killing here.
- Outing as a conservative/liberal issue, in which a particular liberal forgets “outing” is a standard tactic against gay GOP members, which brings one to the logical conclusion that painting this as a left/right matter is a partisan fiction.
- Some philosophers consider the matter.
- And the point is made that pseudonymity requires increased not decreased politeness.
- An inconsistency on the left, noted.
- A educators prayer.
- Or … there might be other reasons.
- On the health care debate, a discussion here and here.
- We are all democrats now.
- Not to die in vain.
- A comparison Mr Alito and Ms Sotomayor.
- Grist for the legalize prostitution libertarian mill.
- A Baptist preacher goes to an Orthodox service and finds much to like.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!