Socialist Agendas under attack from the people: Republicans, beware
What is happening to the Left, the One, and their cherished socialist agenda? In Townhall meeting after Townhall meeting, we see the people voicing their opinions – and their opinions are decidedly against the moves the Obama administration are attempting to make (ref. here).
How has this come about?
From Richard Fernandez,
Somebody believes the left is losing the public policy debate because they’ve got all the flagship institutions. And that’s a liability. Umair Haque, writing in a Harvard Business Publishing article, argues that the right, like al-Qaeda has mastered the art of “5th generation warfare” and is swarming all over the left. He notices that liberals have been losing the debate lately and tries to analyze why. The problem with the left, he seems to think, is that they are responding from a center, sending talking points out to a periphery, whereas the right has discovered how to attack swiftly, from a plethora of directions and in depth. The right is inside their OODA loop and Haque realizes that if this goes on long enough, the left will lose…
Is the swarm simply a swastika-laden Astroturf tactic of the Right, per Nancy Pelosi? Fernandez doesn’t buy such conspiracy theories,
The Republican leadership was in fact the first victim of the revolt from below. Only after the “5th generation” war had ripped through the comfortable assumptions of business as usual did it break out to face the left. To think that the current unrest is the creation of Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck would be to make a fundamental mistake. Those figures are simply its beneficiaries — and its beneficiaries by accident. If Haque really wants to fight 5G, I would like to propose a different set of rules.
- Listen to the people;
- Believe that truth is something to be discovered in dialogue with the public; that the debate is never “over” simply because the great and good say so;
- Consider it possible that all men, including small businessmen, plumbers, rubes from Alaska, cleaning women who say their prayers at mealtimes — are in some fundamental way the equal of graduates of Harvard Law School and know as much about life and death as Dr. Zeke Emmanuel;
- Accept that facts do matter because reality is authored by something larger than government, greater than the Congress and more lasting than any administration;
- That all efforts to “attack the base” will ultimately fail because a government by the people, of the people and for the people will never perish from the earth; and
- Realize that these precepts are obvious on the face of it though there are none so blind as they who will not see.
I would add that the Republican leadership had also better realize the following:
- The revolt from below does not necessarily indicate that the people support Republicans vs. Democrats;
- If they attempt to travel down the same spend-easy path, as liberals tend to rush into, they too will find themselves under harsh criticism (aka peaceful revolt);
- The people, by and large, are repulsed by any political party’s attempts to increase government intrusion into their lives.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!