Things Heard: e229v5
Friday, July 6th, 2012 at 9:13 am by Mark O.
- As people in US talk about the lifeguard who was fired because his employer (probably rightly) feared liability suits. This struck me as similar in some ways, culture/politics/law coming to the wrong conclusion.
- Academic freedom? Or just a complete lack of pedagogical sanity?
- Smelling another big war (read as global conflagration) in the next decade or so.
- Hope and prayer … found and needed.
- In which the left thinks that painting themselves as the Nazi Jew haters is a good move. I’m just a bit confused by that strategy.
- Some advice regarding the tax/Obamacare ruling. I have a question for those watching the “tax vs penalty” debate? Is the child rebate in the tax code a penalty or a tax on those without children?
- DADT and the chaplaincy.
- Lots of places are citing the large storms resulting in power outages over the Eastern US as signs of global warming, ’cause that storm was so unusual. Alas it wasn’t.
- This reminds me of William Safire’s grammar puns, for example “A preposition is something that you should never end a sentence with.”
- Recommended books.
- A health care “what if” considered.
- The culture war and demographic collapse.
- A lights show … what I noticed most was the lightning.
- ’cause in Florida they dislike shopping at Staples and Home Depot.
- And we’ll finish with a slight understatement.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!