Things Heard: e139v5
Friday, September 24th, 2010 at 10:00 am by Mark O.
- Two from the movie musical Wizard of Oz, “Courage”: here and (not) here.
- Missing the point, what he said might be true, but what is the point and what is the effect of saying it? How is it useful?
- Considering space, and while the space of mathematical concepts is larger not smaller than what we perceive, I think there is still a strong anthropological perceptual bias to mathematical concepts and intuitions. Consider for a while what maths might be developed by a intelligent race whose environment and perception made the notion of the integer as foreign or abstracted as infinite dimensional Hilbert spaces.
- Mr Obama on foreign affairs, here and (the cartoon is good) here.
- How it will be seen vs being responsible.
- Green party, low bar or high bar?
- Stepping in others shoes.
- Examining the “crazy” meme regarding Ms O’Donnell.
- Economics of Obamacare.
- A first ad.
- Hmm. Or better perhaps, duh!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!