Things Heard: e245v1n2
Good morning. Have a happy election day, y’all. And no, your vote doesn’t matter, what you are doing is a liturgical communal act validating righteousness of the electoral process.
- Here’s a prediction from the right what will happen if they lose. Has anyone seen similar predictions from the left?
- Today we vote, our democratic ritual. About rituals and religion you ask? Here, try this.
- 10 symmetries. 10 conserved quantities.
- A house which says a lot about property values (and … not having kids?)
- People who say “there are no stupid questions” … never attended lectures, but in the meantime …
- Politicians and their lies.
- A political scientist offers his two cents.
- Health and a Fields Medal winner.
- Speaking of health.
- A book recommended. I bought a copy.
- Today the WSJ opinion section has an article pointing out that Dodd-Frank encourages moving high finance overseas … which is interesting in conjunction with this. There’s lots of talk about “unintended consequences” … what is largely ignored are the easy-to-anticipate consequences like these.
- The auto bailout.
- Mr Krugman jousts with straw men, but not unnoticed by all.
- I can’t anticipate any problems with using open unsecured unverifiable mechanisms for voting. Can you?
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!