Things Heard: e178v2
Better late than never, eh? Actually, I started this in the morning (after traveling last night … I didn’t leave enough to make it to the job site with breakfast + shower + link collect and report).
- Art forgetting beauty.
- Feel safer now?
- Not a land shark.
- A suggestion that malfeasance (or incompetence) was a strategy.
- Streeeettttchsh the chicken.
- I’m with the blogger on this, you run into a parked car, it’s your own damn fault.
- Uncertainty and hiring. Ya think?
- A homily for our times.
- Or … if you have a modern viewpoint on the worth of a vow taken.
- Some liberals claim that they hold the “reality position” due to the fact that the putative experts are mostly liberal … but when those experts keep making claims like this … well, reality bites.
- Art and autism.
- It’d be nice if our government said it too … and heck not just talked the talk, but y’now walked the walk.
- If you find offense in that picture, you need take a sanity check.
- A link to a good post, and Krugman keeps his ideological blinders on.
- Attacking the straw man.
- Someday, yes, someday I’m going to be able to read past the first five sentences of one of Eli’s acerbic attacks and not run into something he says that isn’t flipping idiotic. Let me try to be specific, “Twice he describes something as “attractive,” surely an odd choice given that he means to discuss something fundamentally moral and not just a matter of mere taste.” Hello, there are whole schools of ethics which equate the beauty and the good and furthermore find that ethics boils down to choosing the good (or beautiful) and that what constitutes beauty is not “just a matter of taste” it depends on asthetics and a theory of the same, which has no a priori dependence on taste.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!