Things Heard: e241v3
Oh. Happy birthday to me. I’m 51 today. We’ll see if we can keep ’em (birthday’s that is) coming.
- So do public service teachers union come into this story or not?
- More on schools here.
- Plan and market.
- Powerful predictor not so powerful after all.
- Taking the gun rhetoric seriously for a moment. And gussy up a false dichotomy with pretty graphics and its still a false dichotomy. Seriously. Hint … to the non-religious liberal who thinks evil doesn’t exist and all crime is just illness … read Midgely’s book Wickedness. Mary Midgely is a renknowned British moral philospher. It’s not a hard read.
- Or not at all. Let’s see what was Congress’ first suggestion ban “assault” rifles … you know they are used in less than 2% of crimes like the one in the news and not in the current case.
- And the idiot who shouted “ban all Glock’s” calls others ignorant. Let’s see, Glock makes semi-automatic pistols which are inexpensive, accurate, and reliable. The are one of a dozen manufacturers who make similar products. But let’s ban just the one. Why? Dunno. Let’s ban “high capacity” magazines, ’cause it takes a second and a half to change magazines. That’s clearly the limiting step.
- So what triggered the shooter? Perhaps, the threat of involuntary incarceration in a mental health institution. Which in turns suggests he needed it.
- Race and shootings.
- Not forgetting the economic crises.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!