Things Heard: e248v3
Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 at 12:39 pm by Mark O.
- Well, I had PBJ today because it’s Wednesday (normal time Wed/Fri fast) .. Lent doesn’t start for me until Cheesefare on the evening of March 10. So … why does the East begin Lent on a Monday and the West on a Wednesday and both count 40 days to Pascha/Easter. Well, because the West doesn’t count Sundays as part of Lent but the East does … but the East doesn’t count Holy week as part of Lent. Got it? What I forget is whether the East includes Lazarus Saturday (before Palm Sunday) as part of Lent or not … and one might note that the Lenten fast for the Orthodox continues (of course) through Holy Week.
- Fer the Ms Palin fans.
- Doctor or not … for myself I could not really care less if you call me Mr or Dr (and yes, I do have a PhD thing in Physics)
- That Chicago way.
- Awe noted. Hmm, anything like the Psalmist noted the fear of God as the beginning of wisdom? How much modern man has learned, eh?
- Fear or the lack thereof.
- Notes for future gang wars.
- Shame and armor.
- So, why on earth does our President think the “middle class” has any relevance to the minimum wage? And that’s an interesting take on min-wage, not as a wage limiter but a productivity minimum.
- Debunking (most of) some silliness around the alleged dearth of geniuses.
- What you don’t want to see in the morning when you go out to your car.
- Demographic shifts that you don’t hear much about.
- So much fun might be had coming up with geekish instead of macho handles, so Maverick and Goose becomes pocket protector-ized and pencil-necked?
- What will be needed for when revolution hits.
- Duh. Truth to power becomes Stating the obvious to power.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!